Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Okay so I know the general difference between lipstick and lip gloss...?

So, I know that lip gloss is the obvious-glossy, but what about lipstick? Why do they say girls under 30 shouldn't wear it? Is it too strongly pigmented? What's the difference between the two?Okay so I know the general difference between lipstick and lip gloss...?
Lipstick adds pigment and color to your lips and is typically more drying than gloss. Lip gloss is moist and sticky and just gives your lips a shiny appearance.Okay so I know the general difference between lipstick and lip gloss...?
Lipsticks can be matte, creamy, sheer, glossy. Some lip glosses have more pigment that some lipsticks. They come in all different varieties. I don't think young girls under the age 25 should wear a strong pigmented lipstick unless they are modeling or for a special occasion. A lot of older women (and I'm not saying this to discriminate) wear lipstick because their skin lacks luster and they need the color or because they have been embedded with the idea that lipstick is the one and only makeup product a woman should use. I work in the cosmetic industry and I can't even begin to explain how so many woman are addicted to lipstick. A lot of them are stubborn and stick with the same shade for years and years. Estee Lauder and Benefit are two lines that have great lip COLORS that are actually a cross between a lipstick and a lip gloss. They give just the right amount of color and shine.
I don't wear lipstick, but from what I understand it DOES have alot of pigment in it, and it isn't usually shiny like lig gloss. And it's tougher to get off. I think it looks fake sometimes.....


Lip Gloss is shiny and usually like a fruit flavor or something. It comes in lots of shades, even clear. And it comes off alot easier than lipstick.
I've never heard that before...I think you can wear what you like.





Lipstick is more opaque and lip gloss is more transparent.





You should wear what looks best on you and what you like.
I guess it's just personal preferences ?





Some they mix lipstick and lip gloss..





Some they use color lipstick then add a clear lip gloss (adding shine only)
lipstick gives more color to your lips.


you can enhance your natural color,


or go darker/lighter/red... lol





%26amp; lipgloss is obviously just gloss for some shine :]
Anyone can wear lipstick. Lipstick is more of just a sheer pigment. Where a gloss still is a pigment but it's glossy.
lipstick is matte and not glossy.........and gloss is shiny
Lip Gloss is like a liquid and its shiny

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting providers