Friday, June 25, 2010

Differences between Lipstick, lip gloss, lip color?

I'm in my early 20's and have been wearing makeup to go to work for a little over a year now. I usually wear lip gloss or lip shine (as I work the regular 9-5 and my workplace is not exceptionally formal or business-like). I'm certainly no expert on makeup and prefer a subtle, natural look.





I was under the impression lipstick tends to be for older women/night wear and is usually too much for the day unless your work is exceptionally business-like (High powered law firm or business corporation...)





Am I wrong? Can the different lip colors/pencils/shines be broken down into categories/age groups?Differences between Lipstick, lip gloss, lip color?
Wear what looks good on you and what you feel comfortable in, and what is in fashion of course will help if you are interested in fashion. There is no rule for lipcolor and age, but there are rules for good taste vs. gaudy. I had a thing when I was young about darker red lipsticks being wrong for me, but then they came into fashion and I got over it, I look back on the white lipstick and laugh! I wear red or pink lipstick every minute of every day (exaggeration by a few hours) and I love it. If you prefer natural, wear some chapstick or lip balm. There's no ';rule'; by age, except your own. Taste in fashion is so subjective. The fashion for the twenty somethings right now seems to be clear lip gloss. If you have full lips it looks great! I have somewhat thinner lips, but a smile always looks good and is always in fashion! So I suggest wearing a smile.Differences between Lipstick, lip gloss, lip color?
not really, it can not be broken down. try to get a lip stick or lip gloss the same color of your lips. this what i do: i put lip stick on first almost the same color of my lips and on top of that i put on clear lip gloss. try that meaby it could help.
You can wear whatever you want whenver you want...
u can wear anything you like glosses usually look good younger people like you though most people suit different colours you can use anything u want you just want to get the right look for your colours





ask me for a more thorough choice on lippy with your colours on if you want through answers
You really can wear whatever you want whenever. Lipstick is thicker and more color rich, that's why they say it's for evening wear plus it tends to stay on longer than gloss. Gloss is for days because it's sheer and natural.
I prefer gloss because I'm a simple person when it comes to make-up. I don't think that I've wore lipstick since jr. high.





I do not think that you are wrong, the majority of my friends wear lipgloss where the majority of older woman I know wear lipstick.
the only difference between them is texture and how long they last before wearing off.Lipstick is dryer and lasts longer.Lipgloss is very slick so you get alot more shine but it doesn't last very long.and as far as what's appropriate,as long as it doesn't glow or is neon color,wear what you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting providers